Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Swimming Pool Without Water

I wrote a song today!
I won't bore you with the lyrics (because they're quite bad, let's face it, I'm no poet) but I did record and master the audio because I had 6 straight hours of nothing to do today. And yes, I really did. I have a recording studio in my basement and my daddy the audio engineer taught me to edit and master audio at age 8 instead of teaching me how to ride a bike like a normal dad.
So little 8-year-old Julia was the lame kid on the playground until she taught herself to stay upright on that hand-me-down Barbie bike that one sympathetic friend gave her, but later, in high school, when Julia's deluded friends thought that they could record demos and get famous, guess who was laughing then!!

I kid, I kid. A few my friends are actually quite talented, and I have no interest in becoming a whore to the media like certain new artists of the age. *coughKe$haJustinBieberRebeccaBlackcough*

Anyway, I've been thinking about swimming pools without water in them (you know because water is so mainstream that we hipsters swim in air, jk, hipsters make me cringe) and it's sort of odd to think of something that is always full being empty.

That's sort of what my brain feels like. And it's not the lack of drugs or alcohol, because honest, I can and have gone without both 99% of the time preceeding the whole freakout over it, so don't even get started typing that "Oh Julia, you whiny addict" comment I know you want to post.
It's more like a lack of thought in general. Now that I'm falling apart and seem to have lost the privelege of being superficial, I feel like I need to think deeper. Problem is, I can't seem to get exsistensial-crisisy enough.

Well, now I'm becoming progressively more emo, and that's bound to get obnoxious, so someone had better give me a lollipop or something because if I don't cheer up quick, then this blog is going to become another one of those "Confessions of a Depressed Teenage Attention-Whore" blogs, and no one wants that.

Again, I kid. No really shit blogging for me!

I think it's time that I find my own lollipops in life.

Oh, I just had a deep moment, hell yeah!
Julia

2 comments:

  1. Go to a crowded place (like a park, or a coffeeshop, or just get out of town) and people-watch. Sit calmly and just watch people. It's amazingly creepy, but it's amazingly calming and relaxing. TRY IT! YOU MUST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Eeshie (again, heh), but people-watching is fun and relaxing to do. I can't nail exactly why that is, but it just is.

    ReplyDelete