Thursday, August 16, 2012

Last Little Fading

Here I sit, on the eve of the school year. There is exactly one hour left to my summer, and I will be spending it stressed out, over caffeinated, and not at all reflecting on the wondrous adventure that this summer has been.

I'm going to do a brief reflection, as is customary, but then, I have to go right back to panicking and writing notes on Greek mythology.

So.

This summer started with stress, so I guess it's sort of fitting that it's ending in it. I had boot camp, which was a good experience, looking back. Then there was the fire and the evacuation, which was slightly less good, but still memorable and I'm proud to have been a witness to it. After that was the awful trip to Rochester, which, while having some fun bits, was mostly horrific. Then there was Digital Circus, a night as fun as it was traumatizing. There was the time I had just chilling and hanging out with Technicolor Boy, upon which I look back fondly. Global was magnificent, as were the few days that followed. The last bits of the summer were nice, relaxing, and spent in love.

Technicolor Boy has most assuredly been the highlight of my summer. Despite my own emotional over analyzing and mindless freaking out, and despite his little imperfections, I'm truly glad to be right where I am when it comes to my relationship with him. Things are still undeclared, but I guess that means that there's still something to work for. When it comes to him, I'm happy, just purely and simply happy.

There were a few hiccups, but overall, it's been a good summer. Definitely not the best, but sufficient. I wish that I had had more time to just relax and breath, but I guess life always has other plans.

Now, here I sit, stressed beyond belief and into the weird part of Pandora where all that's playing is super obscure indie rock. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight because I've just found out that things that I thought that I could put off until the weekend are all due tomorrow.

Oh well.

Goodbye, summer. Baby, it's been fun, I'll see you again soon, and when you see me, I'll be all graduated and grown up. Don't miss me too much, okay? I know I'll be missing you.





Julia

2 comments:

  1. You summer was definitely more exciting than mine, which was pretty much filled with a bunch of work-out sessions and angst about my future.

    I know you'll kick this school year's ass though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you, overall, had a decent summer. Particularly the stuff with Technicolor Boy! Based on what you've written about him (including things from quickly deleted posts), he seems like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete